Cape Coral Florida Real Estate-When Selling a Home
The appearance of your home, a buyer's first impressions, and other considerations can also affect the sale of your home. Be sure to explore tips for increasing your home's value. Have you considered that home prices in your neighborhood and the value of your property is also factors used for pricing your home?
Increasing the Value of Your House
When you're preparing your house for sale, remember the importance of first impressions. The market isn't the only factor that influences whether you get your asking price. Appearance and overall condition play a major role. Here are some easy things you can do to make your home more appealing to buyers.
It is estimated that more than half the houses are sold before the buyers even get out of their cars. So stand across the street from your house and review its curb appeal.
- Sweep front walkway.
- Remove newspapers, bikes and toys.
- Park extra cars away from the property.
- Trim back the shrubs.
- Apply fresh, clean paint throughout.
- Clean windows and window coverings throughout.
- Keep pet areas clean.
- Keep plumbing and all appliances in working order.
- Maintain all sealant (window, tub, shower, sink, etc.) in good condition.
- Make sure roof and gutters are in good condition;
- Mow the lawn more frequently and plant flowers.
- Potential buyers usually feel more comfortable if the owners are not present.
- If people unaccompanied by an agent request to see your property, please refer them to your real estate professional for an appointment.
- Leave a number where you can be reached if you are leaving town, even for a weekend.